The specific objectives of the department include:
- To help develop students with critical and analytical skills relevant for therapeutic approach to psychological issues.
- To prepare students for careers in the public and private sectors by incorporating marketable skills into general curriculum.
- To promote a thorough understanding on policy and programme formulation, implementation and evaluation, decision-making and other problem-solving strategies.
- To prepare students for entry-level positions in various organisations.
- To prepare students to administer psychological assessment, interpret results and implement treatment based on the diagnosis.
- To prepare students with high ethical values in handling their work.